[CS-FSLUG] Setting Up DSL Router

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 10:47:14 CDT 2004

I'm just now upgrading from dial-up to DSL.  Anyone familiar with
configuring the router?  I'm running SUSE 8.0 Pro and using a brand
new Westell DSL modem (router).  My system knows it's there, but it
obviously ain't configured right.

I'll be happy to send the ifconfig and anything else useful.

username & password are correct for the service.  DNS servers are
properly entered.  I've got just about everything setup except the
router/modem.  I called BellSouth, and they gave me the internal ip
addr for the router, and then told me to "call Linux and have them
walk you through configuring the router".  I'm for real, too!
Couldn't believe my ears.  From a tech support rep?

Don