[CS-FSLUG] A Missionary's Hardware Questions

Berkah berkah at swissinfo.org
Wed Sep 1 04:48:35 CDT 2004

Dear folks,

I am a German missionary in Indonesia and will have to buy two new PCs.
I am not so "updated" about all the latest hardware tests and developments
here, of course ;-) Thats why I just dare to ask you for your advice. These
are my requirements:

Both PCs:

Main OS: Linux, but for the first 6 months we still need a dual-boot PC with
(forgive me to mention it) Windows XP.

PC 1:
"normal" user, mainly OpenOffice (all components), Bible software, E-Mail,
MP3 (sermons, tribal soundfiles), some basic work on pictures.

PC 2:
More "power user": additional to PC 1 a lot of DTP (which software is there
for Linux?), edditing pictures, larger text files and presentations,
database etc.

Just in case there would be somebody to give us some hints about the
components of those two PCs, we would be very thankfull, as that would be a
big help for our ministry! (Our old PCs, still running only on WIN, are
becoming victims of the climate...).

Thanks a lot,
In eternal bonds,
Helmut Mehringer, Borneo, Indonesia

--
Dieses ausgehende E-Mail ist virenfrei. / This outgoing email is virus free.
Überprüft durch AVG Antivirensystem (http://www.grisoft.com/de).