[CS-FSLUG] Convenience or Conviction?

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Fri May 7 07:52:27 CDT 2004

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 07:17:25AM -0700, Christopher l Rose wrote:
> This is a question that I struggle with daily and I decided that I
> would some input from others in the matter. The question is this: Are
> we Christians by Convenience or by Conviction? I know that the question
> may sound absurd to some of us, but for others, it is something to
> think about.  I bring the question up because of a movie I recently
> watched called "Time Changer". Towards the end of the movie, the main
> charactor is being "tailed" by two police officers who are members of a
> church he was visiting (mind you that the main charactor was from the
> year 1890 and was sent forward in time by one of his colleages). The
> two police officers witnessed the main charactor's return to his own
> time and one of them made a comment about missing the rapture. Hence,
> I again ask, are we Christians by conveniece or conviction? If our faith
> is based upon doctrines like the rapture and upon church activities,
> then I would argue that we are lost and damned. If our faith is based
> upon God's Holy Word and the sacrifice of Christ Jesus upon the Cross,
> then we have salvation and full forgiveness for sin. I am sure that
> more could be said, but then again, that is why I am sending out this
> question: so more can be said.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you but are you saying that if we are
eagerly awaiting rapture we are Christians of convenience?!  I've got a
lot more to say if that is your point.  I'll let you respond to clear up
any misunderstandings.

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7