[CS-FSLUG] Convenience or Conviction?

Christopher l Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Thu May 6 09:17:25 CDT 2004

This is a question that I struggle with daily and I decided that I would some input from others in the matter. The question is this: Are we Christians by Convenience or by Conviction? I know that the question may sound absurd to some of us, but for others, it is something to think about.
I bring the question up because of a movie I recently watched called "Time Changer". Towards the end of the movie, the main charactor is being "tailed" by two police officers who are members of a church he was visiting (mind you that the main charactor was from the year 1890 and was sent forward in time by one of his colleages). The two police officers witnessed the main charactor's return to his own time and one of them made a comment about missing the rapture. Hence, I again ask, are we Christians by conveniece or conviction? If our faith is based upon doctrines like the rapture and upon church activities, then I would argue that we are lost and damned. If our faith is based upon God's Holy Word and the sacrifice of Christ Jesus upon the Cross, then we have salvation and full forgiveness for sin. I am sure that more could be said, but then again, that is why I am sending out this question: so more can be said.

In Christ,

Christopher L. Rose
Lakewood Wa.