[CS-FSLUG] QOTW: Mice

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Tue May 4 08:57:00 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 09:34, Frank Bax wrote:
> At 09:15 AM 5/4/04, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> >I've found it very difficult to live without a scroll wheel anymore.
>
> Same here.
>
> >You know you're a geek when you can wax nostalgic about peripherals. You
> >might be a geek if you look at your peripherals and find Dell, Gateway
> >and Microsoft logos on them and your computer is home built. :-)
>

> Nostalgia - I remember using an "external" touchpad mouse that connected
> via mouse port.  It;s probably still in a box around here somewhere.

I have two people on this network that still use serial touchpads. They
are horrible things by today's standards. It has something to do with
fear of carpal tunnel. One is built into the keyboard and have the old
5-pin DIN connector also so I've had to dig up adapters for this
keyboard so that they can keep the touchpad. :-)