[CS-FSLUG] Printing in KDE

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Mon May 3 11:22:00 CDT 2004

Nathan: Check the print server you're using.

1. What print servers do you have installed? LPRng? CUPS? Both?

2. When you open the URL "print:/mananger" in Konqueror, look down to
the right. What does it say under "Print system currently used" ?

Thanks,

Eduardo

On Monday 03 May 2004 11:41, N.Thompson wrote:
> I've got my HP Deskjet 3650 set up through HPIJS, I don't know why but
every
> time I try to Print from a KDE application I get this error message:
>
> A print error occured. Error message received from system:
>
> /usr/bin/lpr -P 'Deskjet_3650' '-#1'
'/tmp/kde-nathan/kdeprint_iMusgBC' :
> execution failed with message:
> Status Information, attempt 1 of 3: sending job 'nathan at nathan+944' to
> Deskjet_3650 at localhost connecting to 'localhost', attempt 1 cannot
open
> connection to localhost - No such file or directory Make sure the
remote host
> supports the LPD protocol and accepts connections from this host and
from
> non-privileged (>1023) ports Waiting 10 seconds before retry Status
> Information, attempt 2 of 3: sending job 'nathan at nathan+944' to
> Deskjet_3650 at localhost connecting to 'localhost', attempt 1 cannot
open
> connection to localhost - No such file or directory Make sure the
remote host
> supports the LPD protocol and accepts connections from this host and
from
> non-privileged (>1023) ports Waiting 10 seconds before retry sending
job
> 'nathan at nathan+944' to Deskjet_3650 at localhost connecting to
'localhost',
> attempt 1 cannot open connection to localhost - No such file or
directory
> Make sure the remote host supports the LPD protocol and accepts
connections
> from this host and from non-privileged (>1023) ports
>
> I'm still using Slackware Linux 9.1.

Prof. Eduardo Sanchez
Asuncion, Paraguay, South America
 Indeed the Idols I have loved so long
 Have done my credit in this World much wrong:
   Have drown'd my Glory in a shallow Cup,
 And sold my reputation for a Song.

	-- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam