[CS-FSLUG] Printing in KDE

N.Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Mon May 3 10:41:04 CDT 2004

I've got my HP Deskjet 3650 set up through HPIJS, I don't know why but every
time I try to Print from a KDE application I get this error message:

A print error occured. Error message received from system:

/usr/bin/lpr -P 'Deskjet_3650' '-#1' '/tmp/kde-nathan/kdeprint_iMusgBC' :
execution failed with message:
Status Information, attempt 1 of 3: sending job 'nathan at nathan+944' to
Deskjet_3650 at localhost connecting to 'localhost', attempt 1 cannot open
connection to localhost - No such file or directory Make sure the remote host
supports the LPD protocol and accepts connections from this host and from
non-privileged (>1023) ports Waiting 10 seconds before retry Status
Information, attempt 2 of 3: sending job 'nathan at nathan+944' to
Deskjet_3650 at localhost connecting to 'localhost', attempt 1 cannot open
connection to localhost - No such file or directory Make sure the remote host
supports the LPD protocol and accepts connections from this host and from
non-privileged (>1023) ports Waiting 10 seconds before retry sending job
'nathan at nathan+944' to Deskjet_3650 at localhost connecting to 'localhost',
attempt 1 cannot open connection to localhost - No such file or directory
Make sure the remote host supports the LPD protocol and accepts connections
from this host and from non-privileged (>1023) ports

I'm still using Slackware Linux 9.1.