[CS-FSLUG] Vote for my KDE bugs

Greg Slade gslade at studio.cbbs.org
Tue Mar 30 15:32:07 CST 2004

This thread reminds me to ask for some help with my Linux software page
(http://associate.com/camsoc/crs/linux.html). On the Windows page, I have
a grid with columns to let people know if a given application runs under
8-bit Windows (1.0-3.11), 16-bit Windows (95-ME), and 32-bit Windows
(NT-2003). Similarly, the Mac page has columns for "Classic" and OS/X. I
know I can't even begin to list Linux distros, or I'd have like 137
columns on the Linux page. So, I thought of using desktop environments,
starting with KDE and GNOME, which are the environments listed for the
Sword Project. But I don't know Linux environments well enough to know
which ones are mutually incompatible (i.e., an application for one won't
run in the other), nor do I know which environments are worth including
in the grid. (For example, Xwindows has been around forever, but is the
any Christian software for it?) Also, what should I name the column for
programs which just run in a shell, such as WordWise Daily Scripture
Calendar? "Text"? "Command Line"? "Shell"?

God bless,

Greg

Greg Slade                              www.associate.com/camsoc/greg/
gslade at studio.cbbs.org                       www.associate.com/camsoc/
"Canadians are such polite people that they write graffiti in full
sentences."                                         - Garrison Keillor