[CS-FSLUG] CS-FSLUG history?

Greg Slade gslade at studio.cbbs.org
Tue Mar 30 09:49:43 CST 2004

>> Christian Linux and free software users group founded by

>   Christian should be ChristianSource.

Well, actually, not in this case. This sentence doesn't name the group,
it describes it. The entry for COIN (Christians On the INternet) starts
out "Christian Internet users group."

>> The original list administrator was Jonathan Drews. In

>  Actually, it was always an admin team

Okay, let's try this:

Christian Linux and free software users group founded by Timothy R.
Butler in January, 2002. CS-FSLUG is based on a mailing list called
CHRISTIANSOURCE. The list was run by an administration team of Timothy R.
Butler, Jonathan Drews, Ciaran Hamilton, Jerry Kreps, and Jonathan "JW"
Wilson. In August, 2002, the LINUX4CHRISTIANS mailing list run by Linc
Fessenden was merged with CHRISTIANSOURCE. As of March, 2004, the
CS-FSLUG mailing list had 79 members, and the administration team
consisted of Timothy R. Butler, Ciaran Hamilton, and Eduardo Sanchez.

> Linc is on this list (hi Linc!). He was away for awhile but is
> quite active here now.

Oh, jolly good. Is "jakesen", the guy who runs the Bible for Linux
Project, here too?

> I have to run so I haven't had a chance to check out your site
> yet. Do you have CMUG already?

Oh, yeah. I'm a CMUGger from way back, even to when Rick Thrasher was
running it. In fact, CMUG is largely the inspiration for starting a bunch
of SIGs for CAMsoc: to enable users of other operating systems to benefit
from one another's experience, just as Mac users do on MAC-MINISTRY. It's
a hard slog right now, trying to find the first few resources for each
SIG. But I'm hoping that, as communities start to gather, people will
share their knowledge and benefit one another. I certainly can't help in
the case of, for example, the Amiga, but I figure there simply have to be
Christian users out there who know tons of stuff that I don't.

I have mannaged to score one coup: I tracked down the developer of a
Bible program for the Atari which has been unavailable for some time, and
he has agreed to let me mirror his old site on the CAMsoc server, so now
Atari users can get that program again.

God bless,

Greg

Greg Slade                              www.associate.com/camsoc/greg/
gslade at studio.cbbs.org                       www.associate.com/camsoc/
Oh, what a tangled website we weave when first we practice.