[CS-FSLUG] Mandrake 10.0 experience

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Mon Mar 29 23:51:50 CST 2004

I've just finished running Mandrake 10.0 for a while, overall my
impression of it now is pretty good, I had some trouble with a lot of it
being broken but I fetched the updates (looked like nearly half the OS
was updated btw) and now it works very well. I've got the plf
(http://plf.zarb.org/) rpm source added in too so I've go no shortage of
software (and games :-D ) and KDE 3.2 and KDevelop 3.0 were well worth
the switch from Xandros Linux even if I'll have to install the nVidia
drivers manually.

I'm looking forward to getting more experience with Mandrake 10.0, maybe
when the commercial editions of Mandrake Linux come out next month I
would have had the time to decide on purchasing a copy and which edition
to get.