[CS-FSLUG] Libranet woes

Nigel Ridley nigel at i-amfaithweb.net
Sun Mar 28 22:18:01 CST 2004

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:30:10 -0600
"N. Thompson" <n.thomp at sasktel.net> wrote:

> I've just given Libranet what I would consider a fair try, I
> downloaded 2.7-Classic and it installed well, not until I got to the X
>
> configuration part did I realize there would be a problem. I was
> unable to get both my sound card and video card working so I went and
> changed the /etc/apt/sources.list files to point to sarge instead of
> woody, I did an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade and everything was
> updated except for a large handful of apps that were requiring a
> package that was nowhere to be found. After doing the update adminmenu
> found the proper drivers but still after what looked like a completely
>
> successfully configuration X wouldn't start, I kept at it for the
> better part of an hour or so until finally giving up.
>
> I think I may be able to get another XF86Config file to get the values
>
> from if I still have that MEPIS CD but whether I will be able to get
> XF86 working from that is no guarantee.
>
> BTW. Can anyone tell me if Debian Sarge (testing) has the latest KDE
> 3.2 and KDevelop 3.0?

Don't give up so quickly! There are VAST resources out there for helping
with Libranet issues. You could try the Libranet Forum:
http://forum.libranet.com/ or the online support for 2.7:
http://libranet.com/support/2.7

Try sticking with a distro for a while before jumping ship :-)

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com