[CS-FSLUG] Libranet woes

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Sun Mar 28 18:30:10 CST 2004

I've just given Libranet what I would consider a fair try, I downloaded
2.7-Classic and it installed well, not until I got to the X
configuration part did I realize there would be a problem. I was unable
to get both my sound card and video card working so I went and changed
the /etc/apt/sources.list files to point to sarge instead of woody, I
did an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade and everything was updated
except for a large handful of apps that were requiring a package that
was nowhere to be found. After doing the update adminmenu found the
proper drivers but still after what looked like a completely
successfully configuration X wouldn't start, I kept at it for the better
part of an hour or so until finally giving up.

I think I may be able to get another XF86Config file to get the values
from if I still have that MEPIS CD but whether I will be able to get
XF86 working from that is no guarantee.

BTW. Can anyone tell me if Debian Sarge (testing) has the latest KDE 3.2
and KDevelop 3.0?