[CS-FSLUG] Anyone understand streaming audio?

K Montgomery keltik at albany.edu
Fri Mar 26 14:16:14 CST 2004

Tim,

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 17:44, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
>   Here's an easier way to go, though: Get Apple's Darwin Streaming
> Server. It's Free Software (as in freedom) and available from Apple's
> developer site (do a Google search and you'll find it really fast). I
> haven't tried a GNU/Linux install of it, but Apple does provide binaries
> for Linux. It is really easy to administer via its web interface and
> doesn't require anything other than itself to do streaming in the
> Icecast/Shoutcast compatible format (it can also do QuickTime
> streaming).
>
>   -Tim

WOW.  This server *just works.*  Fully functioning right "out of the
box."  The only trouble I had was in figuring out what URLs to use to
address the server, and that I eventually got (for the most part).

Nice web admin interface, and it's available on multiple platforms.
Thank you, this is great!!

- Kathy