[CS-FSLUG] Prayer Request

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Mon Jun 28 18:47:19 CDT 2004

l4c wrote:

> Ed,
> What I used at my last church which didn't have any music was set up a
> quick PC with some speakers.  There's are *HUGE* repositories of
> Christian midi files available for accompaniment on the Internet.  Just
> download a days worth of hymns and play them on off of the computer!
> It worked great for me for quite a long time!

Well, it would mean carting my desktop back and forth for every service.
The church building lacks so much as a phone line. If I had a nice
laptop, then what you suggest would be feasible. Please note that I
often walk the half-mile to church when my wife has to work. Just
setting up a spare machine there would be too tempting to thieves, and
would violate our insurance policy, I believe. Not sure any of my old
spares from the computer ministry would be able to perform that well,
anyway.

Nice idea, though.

--
Ed Hurst