[CS-FSLUG] Prayer Request

l4c l4c at thelinuxlink.net
Mon Jun 28 15:49:17 CDT 2004

Ed Hurst wrote:
> For the past three years or so, I have been director of music and
> worship at my little country church. With no musicians, we have been
> blessed to have a small electronic hymnal. It was built by Gulbransen,
> which is now out of business. The new owners have a website, but don't
> even have a page for these things. Nobody anyhwere on the web (according
> to Google) so much as mentions servicing these things, and ours has a
> problem. It now will not play any tune above the number 10. There are
> other strange symptoms, but the sucker is dead. It's a midi device, so
> I'm pretty sure it's a hardware failure.
>
> It was originally purchased for about $2000 (US) and we have nothing
> like that sort of funds now.
>
> Whether the answer is to get another somehow, get a musician, or just
> learn to deal with acapella, I would ask that those inclined pray for us
> as we struggle with this issue. It will certainly be featured at our
> church business meeting on 11 June.

Ed,
What I used at my last church which didn't have any music was set up a
quick PC with some speakers.  There's are *HUGE* repositories of
Christian midi files available for accompaniment on the Internet.  Just
download a days worth of hymns and play them on off of the computer!
It worked great for me for quite a long time!

--
-Linc Fessenden