[CS-FSLUG] Immodesty in the church

l4c l4c at thelinuxlink.net
Fri Jun 25 18:05:02 CDT 2004

Timothy R. Butler wrote:
>     I suspect the author is of the thing Fred forwarded was suggesting
> problems with regularly attending church members who dress immodestly
> not someone coming in for the first time. I don't think churches should
> insist on a dress code per se, but I think Christians *should* think
> about what they wear to church and whether it might cause a "brother to
> stumble."
>
>     -Tim

Oh no, I got another email about how these people are "supposedly saved"
and their "NON-witness" because of the way they dress.  I was under the
impression that they way to test that would be to look for fruits of the
spirit - not the fruits of the wallet and the department store.
I also see the whole "dont cause your brother to stumble" thing way
overused.  It gives too good of an excuse for people not to take any
accountability themselves.  I think the actual connotation would be not
to use some pre-meditated method of purposefully making your brother
stumble.  Kind of like inviting your Jewish vegitarian friend over to a
pig roast.

--
-Linc Fessenden