[CS-FSLUG] QOTW #7: Eat Me!

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Jun 22 15:18:50 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 15:38, N. Thompson wrote:
> I'm _trying_ to lose weight as best as someone with a little self control as
> myself can, this isn't helping, grrr ;-)

Man, I love carrot sticks. I like to nibble them like a rabbit until I
get to the core and remove the core of the carrot from its outer shell.
Spinach fresh from the garden... Mmm... Fresh broccoli. I can't stand it
cooked, keep it out of the boiler.

Sweet Apples red and yellow, all kinds. Especially juicy ones that run
down my arm and drip off my elbow. Pears and Peaches, grapes watermelon.
That's all good stuff and I've learned that water can be the most
satisfying drink in the world once I broke that sugary drink habit. I
actually began craving it.

Self-control is a wonderful thing and I don't claim to have it, but I'm
getting better. I applaud your efforts. It improves with practice. One
thing I had to get over first was understanding that failure is part of
improvement. I'll keep running into the same things, but if I look back
I'll realize it's the same things, but harder and I'm doing a better
job. :-) Praise the Lord!

Anyone know the song "He's still working on me".
http://www.preciouslordtakemyhand.com/christianhymns/hesstillworking.html

My Father, Brother and I used to sing this in church when I was 5 or 6.
:-) Must have been terribly cute. :-) Since I had to memorize
it,portions of the words still come back as encouragement from time to
time.

JSR/