[CS-FSLUG] Firefox 0.9

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 19 07:26:03 CDT 2004

At 11:14 PM 6/18/04, Jukka Y wrote:
>Has anyone tried latest version of Mozilla Firefox? I have used Opera for
>over
>two years (bought both windows and linux versions) and in my opinion other
>browsers couldn't match its speed and functionality (well - maybe
>functionality but not the speed). After trying both windows and linux
>versions of Firefox 0.9, I agree with Brian Proffitt, editor of LinuxToday:
>"...I was thinking "how fast would this be? I don't want to be too technical,
>but in my professional opinion: really, really fast..."
>
>http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2004-06-18-020-26-RV-SW-NT
>
>If you want more speed for browsing, the Firefox 0.9 is worth of trying. :-)

MSIE crashed one too many times last week and I also made the switch to
Firefox on Tuesday!  No looking back!  Then I found out they just released
0.9 on Monday, so I'm already out-of-date (I had downloaded but not
installed earlier)!  Anyone considering upgrade from 0.8 to 0.9 should be
warned to read upgrade procedure (do *not* simply install 0.9 over 0.8)!

I haven't upgraded myself yet, but my son did (the wrong way).