[CS-FSLUG] Nathan's Dilm

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Fri Jun 18 12:01:57 CDT 2004

On June 18, 2004 03:09 am, David M. wrote:
> On Thursday 17 June 2004 09:58 pm, N. Thompson wrote:
> > I've been working on it since last year, I probably still have the old
> > versions if you need proof.

> > > I'm curious, how did your program get all the way to version 3 this
> > > quick?
>
> proof? don't need no proof. I was wondering if you had like a versioning
> system for sourceforge. I'm used to seeing 0.1, 0.2, 0.3........1.0, 1.1,
> 1.2 etc etc
>
> Now I feel like I accused you of something that I don't know much about.
>
> David M.

You didn't accuse me :-)
I'm just guilty of accidentally upping the version number when it wasn't
appropriate I think, back then I didn't know how version numbers worked but
now I think I know so I'll just check with the list.

0.0.x is for bug fixes.
0.x is for small changes.
x is for a significant change.
Is this correct?

My problem was that I was using 0.x for bug fixes.