[CS-FSLUG] QOTW #6: Computer Naming

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Thu Jun 17 20:19:35 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 12:47:03PM -0400, Brian Derr wrote:
> > bird - main linux box
> > russell - win98 game toy
> > mchale - linux
> > parish - linux
> > havlicek - defunct; ran linux
> >
> > i am thinking about renaming the win98 box to 'schintzius' (as in dwayne
> > schintzius).  trust me...that is funny.
>
> I am not sure who Russell is and Havlicek is drawing a blank as well,
> but how about Thomas?  He was an awesome basketball player, in fact I
> really like the name Isaiah Thomas and want to name my kid that, but my
> wife vetoed it.  I think it sounds nice, Isaiah Thomas Derr.  ;-)  Of
> course, my next son would have to be named Larry Bird Derr and she
> _really_ wouldn't like that, haha.

gaaaaaaah!

bill russell is arguably one of the greatest nba players of all time.
he won eleven nba championships in his thirteen seasons (yep - only lost
two).  john havlicek is also one of the all-time greatest players.  he
won several championships as well.

thomas would not fit as the names i listed above are all former boston
celtics players, even the hapless schintzius (who only played four
seasons).
--
john-thomas
------