[CS-FSLUG] QOTW #6: Computer Naming

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Thu Jun 17 11:44:37 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 12:34:05AM -0500, Timothy Butler wrote:
> What names do you have for your computers?

Well, because I am extremely boring and non-original I have "brian" for
my main desktop, and "server" for my server.  Of course, my server
crashed a while ago so my server merged with my desktop and it is called
both "brian" and "server" in my hosts file and DNS records.  Hehe.

My wife's Win2k(R) box is named "Derrlinator", a nickname originating in
high school for me.  I also dual boot my desktop machine and the name
for the Win2k(R) setup is Dr. Doom (where I got that I have no idea,
weird mood I guess).

I think I would more than likely either use Bible characters or perhaps
the common planets naming scheme.  Of course another one is the
different styles of beer scheme.  This is all dependent on me having
enough computers to actually need a scheme though.  :-)

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7