[CS-FSLUG] SUSE 9.1

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Wed Jun 16 20:46:11 CDT 2004

On Thursday 17 June 2004 02:59, kellyarmstrong at prodigy.net wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the advice on 9.1. I bought the boxed set today.
> One problem I always have with a new install is that I always overlook
> something I wish I would have saved (GnuCash files, Bibletime personal
> comentary, etc.). I was wondering If yall could suggest some files and
> I could make sort of a checklist. As far as using the upgrade option,
> I've always had problems going that route so I prefer doing a fresh
> install.
>
> In Christ,
>        Kelly Wayne
Hi!

In addition of mail and other personal files I would suggest saving passwords
(if you use something like "kde wallet manager"), addresses, config files
that have registration-information, hardware-configs that you need to do
"by-hand" and browser bookmarks. I watch tv and listen radio from my
computer, so I also save my favorite channels ;-).

Blessings,
Jukka