[CS-FSLUG] SUSE 9.1

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Wed Jun 16 20:25:43 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 06:59:15PM -0500, kellyarmstrong at prodigy.net wrote:
[...]
> I was wondering If yall could suggest some files and I could make sort
> of a checklist. As far as using the upgrade option, I've always had
> problems going that route so I prefer doing a fresh install.

Make sure you do a `ls -a` in your $HOME directory.  That way you can
see all your hidden directories and rc files.  I always make sure to
grab (at a minimum) .profile, .bash_profile, .xinitrc (if you have a
custom one anyway) and configs for any other programs you have modified
such as for me: .muttrc, .vimrc, .exrc, .gvimrc, etc.  You may also want
to backup entries in /etc such as hosts (if you've changed it) or
modules.conf, rc.local, etc.

That is all the big ones that come to mind right now, good luck with
your upgrade.  :-)

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7