[CS-FSLUG] In Who's Name?

Nigel Ridley nigel at i-amfaithweb.net
Tue Jun 8 00:11:17 CDT 2004

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 21:20:17 -0400
l4c <l4c at thelinuxlink.net> wrote:

> Christopher l Rose wrote:
> > I think if we could learn the Hebraic/Aramaic of our Lord's name it
> > would be beneficial to us all. This really is a hard topic to work
> > with.
>
> I think it's a really interesting topic, but I am not sure what
> practical benefit it would house except for researching the Bible
> better.  The fact is that he is the Son of the One True God, the
> Savior who prepares a place for us in heaven, the Alpha and Omega, the
> one who died unjustly paying the price for *my* sins.
>
> After all that, does it really matter what human name you call him by?
> I think if it were *really* important to know how to say Jesus' name
> in 3 or 4 different languages, the topic would have a lot more
> prominence in the Bible :-)

Amen brother -- God listens to the language of the heart not to how well
we form our prayer or how accurately pronounce his name.
Think about this for a moment:
Take several folks from diverse geographical areas of the English
speaking world and get them all to say "Jesus" (one at a time of
course).
How differently would the sound of "Jesus" being spoken by a Scotsman
from Glasgow be from the southern drawl of a Texan? or the difference
between an English speaking [Asian] Indian and an Australian?

So does it matter if we say Yeshua or Jesus or Iesous?

> --
> -Linc Fessenden
>
> In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded - Yeah right...

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com