[CS-FSLUG] Anybody fluent with PHP?

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 7 20:36:33 CDT 2004

At 08:38 PM 6/7/04, David M. wrote:
>Anyone here know any PHP?

I've written a several thousand lines of code over past four years - does
that qualify?

>I am trying so hard to understand classes and how to write them, but I just
>don't seem to grasp the concept.

Early on in my php coding, I decided to use a database abstraction layer,
and chose phplib (pear didn't exist at the time).  What I know about
classes, I picked up from the php code (and a night school course in C++
many years ago).  This past winter, I decided to write a few simple classes
from scratch - they're only purpose was to remove repetitive code in my
scripts, where functions diddn't quite work.

>Anyone know of any good resources where I can learn more about classes in php?

Sorry, I did it the hard way, but I'll volunteer to review code if that'll
help.

Frank