[CS-FSLUG] QOTW #5: Coffee and Tea

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Jun 1 13:33:17 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 12:39, Timothy R.Butler wrote:
> Hi Josiah,
> > Chai Tea, Starbucks or Panera Bread
>
> 	Wow, I didn't realize Panera had made it all the way out to your area!
> (Although despite the sourdough speciality bread, they are based here
> in St. Louis rather than San Francisco, so I guess it isn't as far as
> it could be :-)).

Tim, they are all over the place. And another one called... something
Bread that I suppose is a knock-off. There is even one just opening up
in Hanover, PA where my parents became big fans after visiting here.
Within a 1/2 hour of my home is at least 4 and probably more.

"You-Pick-2" always :-) Though the sandwich changed. The smoked
something turkey is terriffic and the strawberry salad just came back
into season. My mouth's watering. Stopping so I don't gum up the
keyboard.

One a side note: My sister-in-law asked me a question one day, "What
does Panera mean?" so I headed to the website. After a bit I realized
that Panera means "Time of bread" in Italian or something. So Panera
Bread = Time of Bread Bread. Adding yet another puzzling redundancy
presumably caused by marketing. :-) My sister happens to love to tell
people that. Her young teen mind reminded me regularly of the find. :-)

JSR/