[CS-FSLUG] the continueing saga of VMWare

Wade A Smith warm38 at juno.com
Wed Dec 29 05:27:50 CST 2004

> Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:30:39 -0500
> From: "David M." <david at davidcentral.net>
> Subject: Re: [CS-FSLUG] the  continueing saga of VMWare
> To: "A Christian virtual Free Software and Linux Users Group."
>         <Christiansource at ofb.biz>
>
> On Tuesday 28 December 2004 10:06 pm, Wade A Smith wrote:
> > My system is a desktop with SuSE 9.2 (unsupported by VMWare --

> IIRC there is a config file you can edit to tell VMWare where your
> cdrom or
> DVD drive is.
>

> --
> David M.

The choices are IDE  0:0, 0:1, 1:0; 1:1
My CD drives are on the IDE secondary port, so that means
1:0 and 1:1.  Occasionally, I do get a nastygram saying "if
you allocate the drive to the "guest OS", you wont be
able to access it from Linux"  (OK, once I get to boot from
the CD, I'll worry about that later.)  But I still cant see the
CD from the "guest OS" (Win98SE, well, DOS at this point)
and when I do pop in a CD, Linux sees it just fine and brings
up a window showing me what is on the drive (so much for
being inaccessable).  This tells me something aint quite right.

And I still havent seen the place to select "boot from CD"

wade