[CS-FSLUG] Quiz and Quote of the Month

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Dec 28 16:06:42 CST 2004

A famous man once said the following while campaigning for
president of the US:

"We have come upon a very different age from any that preceded
us... Yesterday, and ever since history began, men were related to
one another as individuals... All over the Union, people are
coming to feel they have no control over the course of their
affairs.  Today, the everyday relationships of men are largely
with great impersonal concerns, with organizations, not with other
individual men.  Now this is nothing short of a new social age, a
new era of human relationships, a new stage-setting for the drama
of life."

In many respects, this sounds like today, but it was not during
this year's campaign.  Guess who said it and when it was said
before you scroll down for the answer.

That quote was actual said by Woodrow Wilson during the 1912
campaign!

"The sum of the whole matter is this, that our civilization cannot survive
materially unless it be redeemed spiritually."

- Woodrow Wilson

--
"As Internet technology itself vaults into new areas, so too does the
Microsoft monopoly and its tried-and-true bag of tricks."