[CS-FSLUG] Cable modem and hub setup in Suse 9

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Mon Dec 27 13:06:27 CST 2004

When we had Roadrunner as our ISP they used cable modems, all we had to
do was set up the network cards to use DHCP like you did, the only time
I was unable to load some sites was when I was using a poorly supported
3Com network card which was on my new computer and by then we were using
a different IS which used DSL. I have to give SUSE credit since it was
the only distribution around at the time that supported the 3Com card
however I was unable to load some sites like Google, I later found out
that the driver was either another that was modified to support the card
or support for the card was just a hack that didn't work that well
because it would drop packets. If your problem is anything like mine I
would recommend trying a different network card if you have one lying
around unless of course you already know that card works well.

Good luck :-)

http://www.geocities.com/ntws01/
http://ntws01.blogspot.com/