[CS-FSLUG] "Something Broken at Christmas"

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sat Dec 25 20:24:44 CST 2004

A WORD WITH YOU
By Ron Hutchcraft
#4685 - "Something Broken at Christmas"
Isaiah 61:1

Listen to the audio broadcast!
http://www.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/ramhurl?p=pnm&f=/rhm/sounds/awwy/awwy4685.rm

        With two teenage boys who love football, one Christmas gift is sure to
be a hit - a new leather football. And when it's a rare 60-degree Christmas
morning, you're not just going to sit around the Christmas tree and admire
that ball - you're going to go right outside and do what you're supposed to
do with a football. So the three men of the house were quickly out of the
house and in the middle of the street, passing that football back and forth.
I was back for a long one - the pass was right to me. And I caught it - right
on the end of my little finger, like the Christmas klutz. The emergency room
is not where you want to spend a chunk of your Christmas, but that's where I
was - with a special souvenir of that Christmas - a broken finger.

        I'm Ron Hutchcraft and I want to have A Word With You today about
"Something Broken at Christmas."

        Take it from me, it is no fun having something broken during
Christmas. Especially if what's broken is a relationship you really care
about. Or your family is broken. Or your heart is broken. All the "joy to the
world" around you just seems to make the hurt even worse. And often the
Christmas season brings painful reminders of the things that have hurt us the
most.

        You need to know that the One whose birthday we're celebrating knows
about what's broken and He knows how much it hurts. He cares about the pain,
He cares about the loneliness, and He really understands. Remember, this
Jesus who came that first Christmas was, in the words of the Bible, a "man of
sorrows and familiar with suffering" (Isaiah 53:3). He was misunderstood and
abandoned. He was betrayed, falsely accused, even put to death. So while
everyone around you may be celebrating and totally unaware of how you're
hurting, you need to know that Jesus is moving close to you today, and He
wants to do something very powerful for you this Christmas. That's why He's
led me to talk about this today. His Word says, "The Lord is close to the
brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit" (Psalm 34:18).

        In Isaiah 61:1, our word for today from the Word of God, the Son of
God says, "The Lord has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted." He really is
the fixer of broken hearts, broken lives, and broken people. Because He came
to do something about what's at the root of all our brokenness. There's a
reason we use each other, hurt each other, and let each other down.
Something's very wrong in our world - something's very wrong in us. It goes
back to our living with our back to the God who put us here. We simply aren't
living as we were made to live - God's way. We have this deadly disease of me
called sin that's ignored God over and over again. And sin is a killer of
everything beautiful - everything that matters.

        In fact, sin killed Jesus. He absorbed our death penalty for our sin
to remove the wall between us and the God whose love we need so much. And the
broken things in your life are a painful reminder of your deep heart need for
a love and a security that you can't lose. Only God can give you that.

        So the body of Jesus was broken to repair the broken relationship
between you and God - so He can move in and fix and forgive what's broken
inside you. In fact, this very day, the one who came on Christmas is coming
to you, offering you this opportunity for Him to come into your life with His
love. But you have to open the door to let Him in.

        This could be your Jesus-day - the day you finally experience what it
is to belong to the one who loved you enough to die for you and was powerful
enough to conquer death. Just tell Him, "Jesus, I've lived without you long
enough. You died for me. I can trust you. I'm yours." And please let me send
you my little booklet Yours For Life. It will help you know you really belong
to Him.

        What a Christmas this could be. What a new beginning! Being broken can
drive you into the loving arms of Jesus Christ where you can finally be
whole.

If you're not sure you belong to Jesus, and you would like to make sure today,
Ron would like to send to you a free copy of the booklet, "Yours for Life:
How to Have Life's Most Important Relationship."  To read it online, click
here:
http://www.yoursforlife.net/

OR, to request your free copy of "Yours for Life," click here:
http://www.gospelcom.net/rhm/yours/yflorder.html

Discuss today's "A Word With You," post your comments, or encourage others in
our discussion forum!
http://forums.gospelcom.net/view/rhm/awwy

To find out how you can begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ,
please visit YOURS FOR LIFE: HOW TO HAVE LIFE'S MOST IMPORTANT RELATIONSHIP
at:
http://www.yoursforlife.net
Or, call 1-888-NEED HIM.

"A Word With You" by Ron Hutchcraft is a daily radio challenge, with
slice-of-life illustrations and insights - providing practical help on the
issues that matter most. If your local Christian radio station does not air
"A Word With You," please let them know how much you value this program. Over
six years of transcripts are available online, at
http://www.gospelcom.net/rhm/awwy/

Ron Hutchcraft Ministries is a member of the Gospel Communications Network -
http://www.gospelcom.net

"A Word With You" is a production of:

Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc.
http://www.gospelcom.net/rhm/
Email: RHM at hutchcraft.com
Phone: 1-877-741-1200

Copyright (c) 2004, Ron Hutchcraft. Permission to distribute this material via
email, or individual copies, is automatically granted on the condition it
will be used for non-commercial purposes, and will not be sold. To reproduce
"A Word With You" transcripts in any other format, including Internet
websites, written permission is needed from Ron Hutchcraft.

Copyright (c) 2004, Ron Hutchcraft. Reprinted with permission. "A Word With
You" is a radio outreach of Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc.

--
"As Internet technology itself vaults into new areas, so too does the
Microsoft monopoly and its tried-and-true bag of tricks."