[CS-FSLUG] Blog modding

David M. david at davidcentral.net
Wed Dec 22 09:55:07 CST 2004

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 10:18 am, Ed Hurst wrote:
> WordPress users: In the previous version I used (1.0) I found a way to
> modify the content in the right navbar. After updating, I cannot
> identify the file that controls this, though I believe it is index.php.
> Can anyone describe to me briefly where I can insert my tagged text to
> make it appear above the "links" on my blog?
>
> Bear in mind I know nothing of PHP, a little about CSS and HTML.

Ed, I downloaded the latest wordpress version 1.2.2(right version?) and this
is what I found. Look in your index.php for this code snippet and add your
code or text above the <ul>.

This is where you can add your code to make it appear above the links section
in the right sidebar on index.php

<ul>
	<?php get_links_list(); ?>
 <li id="categories"><?php _e('Categories:'); ?>
	<ul>
	<?php wp_list_cats(); ?>
	</ul>

David M.