[CS-FSLUG] free dns hosting

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Tue Dec 21 18:46:58 CST 2004

Hi David,
	Have you tried Googling? It has been a long time since I last looked,
but I know several exist. Alternately, I could provide limited DNS
services for you, if you have a static IP. If not, you'll probably need
to go with dyndns.org or some such.

	A word of warning: keep in mind that you'll need your e-mail to be
hosted on a server with a static IP to e-mail anyone on ServerForest
and many other hosts around the 'net. Many hosts, I believe including
HostingMatters, are now blocking dynamic IP ranges as part of
anti-worm, anti-spam measures. I myself implemented DUL (dynamic user
blocking) as part of my spam blacklisting measures a few weeks ago on
ServerForest.

	-Tim

On Dec 21, 2004, at 6:39 PM, David M. wrote:

> Hi All, could anyone recomend a free dns hosting service?
>
> I am in the process of testing a server for my personal use and to get
> some
> knowledge about running a server. I want to put my personal website on
> this
> server, but right now I don't feel like messing with BIND and setting
> up my
> own DNS.
>
> Thanks
> David M.

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |