[CS-FSLUG] Meet "Blam"

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Fri Dec 17 13:29:32 CST 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 21:44, Don Parris wrote:

> Sounds like fun!  I gotta admit, I just d-r-e-a-m of spending 8 hours
> compiling software...
>
> Yeah, right!  :)
>
> Glad you got it running.

Well, the nice part is that it performed that 8 hours without
supervision, overnight. That 8 hours will save seconds and minutes here
and there from now on. By comparison, compiling KOffice was a nice,
short hour of constant supervision, collecting dependencies until it
got them all, then ran on its own for another two hours. Fortunately I
had all the sources backed up from my own machine before it died. Blam
belongs to my church, but no one else is interested in using it right
now.

--
Ed Hurst