[CS-FSLUG] Christian FOSS News

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 16:44:16 CST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:00:00 -0600, James W. Thompson, II
<jwthompson2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was curious about something. I have been talking with people lately
> about a Christian FOSS news site modeled off of Slashdot. I have
> concluded that Slashcode is too cumbersome at this point as it would
> require a dedicated server or at least a VPS to host the silly thing
> and I don't have the resources financially to set that up. I also was
> wondering if such a thing was even necessary or whether producing a
> hub for all the other things going on might be better. Providing a
> single site that pulls in stuff from all the various sources to create
> a "network" of sites...
>
> Just putting out feelers to see what needs to be done. If a Christian
> FOSS news site is what is need though I could definitely make it work,
> but I just want to find out what is really necessary and what would
> just be a duplication of effort.
>
> --
> James W. Thompson, II (New Orleans, LA)

We could talk with Bob Brown over at Open Source Ministry about that.
He also has hosting ability, and apparently desires to take his site
in that general direction.  When he posted over at Freely, he wondered
if there might be some duplication.  It might be best to build on what
he already has in place.  He has a very nice site, by the way.  For
those who haven't checked it out already...

Main -  http://www.osministry.com/
Forums -   http://www.osministry.com/forums/

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist