[CS-FSLUG] looking for: info OT Holidays & Year of Jubilee

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Dec 16 08:54:11 CST 2004

Ron wrote:

> Thanks Doug & Josiah,
>
>     You've gotten me off to a good start.  I'm hoping to take a look at
> workloads under law vs modern times.  Too often I've heard Christians
> vilify OT law without understanding it.  So under law we work six days a
> week, but then I roughly figured in the Holidays, and the year of
> jubilee, it seemed to me that those under the law should have had more
> rest time.  I'm also interested in what the year of Jubilee would have
> done for the people.  The year of Jubilee, and laws concerning debt and
> property, are of particular interest.  Did life under the law also
> provide greater security (property, financial, inheritance, etc.) than
> we know today?

I agree vilification of the Law of Moses is wrong-headed. We are called
to put it in perspective. While I maintain the Mosaic Covenant was for
that that people, at that time, in that place, I also insist is
exemplifies the higher Law of God. It models what God's Own Law would
look like in that circumstance. "Free from the Law" does not apply to
the Law of God.

--
Ed Hurst