[CS-FSLUG] When do you update your distribution?

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 15:46:08 CST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:19:24 -0500, Fred A. Miller
<fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> On Mon December 13 2004 12:48 pm, Christopher Rose wrote:
> > Ok, what would everyone recommend? I am saddened by the direction that Red
> > Hat is going, that is to say they seem to have forgotten low-end users like
> > myself. I welcome any advice. Migrating my personal files is easy enough, I
> > can simply burn my files to a CD and reload them. However, like I said,
> > what does everyone recommend (oh, I do not care for OpenOffice. I am happy
> > enough using AbiWord and Gnumeric)
>
> I have to recommend SUSE, if for not other reason (and there are MANY others),
> in that hardware support is better than others.
>
> Fred

I'll play the neutral-minded guy, and suggest that, if not SUSE, then
Xandros (with the first-ever VPN wizard, if you need that), and a
Windows-ish KDE environment.  It's also easy to install.  After that,
it sounds like Mepis, Ubuntu, Knoppix, & Morphix.

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/
gnumathetes at gmail.com