[CS-FSLUG] Networking failure

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Fri Dec 10 11:45:07 CST 2004

Josiah Ritchie wrote:

> A crossover cable would skip the switch. Would that help?

Don't even know what that is. I tried connecting directly between the
two NICs and got even worse results. I also tried three different brands
of ether cards (someone sent me a mixed 10-pack).

Worse, I just lost my soundcard. I now suspect my mobo is broken, though
it may be some undiscovered bug in FreeBSD. Lest the vultures begin
making all manner of offers to send their favorite distro of whatever, I
must clearly state that sound and networking are hardly important enough
to bother with running something else. I am more than willing to tinker
at this until I fix it or adjust to doing without.

Meanwhile, I'm restoring the normal nvidia driver to see if that fixes a
few things, but I'm no longer interested in messing with networking
machines right now.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

--
Ed Hurst