[CS-FSLUG] The Truth about Soy

Sandra Capri scapri at spro.net
Sun Dec 5 23:39:19 CST 2004

Not meaning to offend natto lovers but...

I have often prided myself on being able to eat what is set before me,
even chicken sashimi (raw chicken), raw quail's egg on top of salmon
roe, and raw shrimp, and actually enjoying most of it.  But I have never
in my life, tasted anything as vile as natto!  I have been able to choke
down liver, green peppers and sauerkraut (shudder!), but not the natto.

It has been one of my favorite questions to ask Japanese during
mealtimes, and I have been amazed how many Japanese can't stand eating
it either!  The ones that do are very proud of the "health benefits" of
natto.

Be warned, those of you willing to try it out.  Take a small taste of it
first, just in case of a previously un-noticed projectile gag reflex!

Daniel, more grace to you for being able to eat, and even enjoy that
stuff!

Sandra (only 1/2 a :-) here )