[CS-FSLUG] Biggest M$ computer crash in government history!

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 02:08:57 CST 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:50:00 -0500, Don Parris <gnumathetes at gmail.com> wrote:
> with the Windows Logo for only $300 - oh wait, that's _just_ $299.99 +
> shipping and handling! :D

Or in my case $5, as locally the decision was made not to allow
downloads (MSDNAA program)

> Well, it's true.  I might not have thought to try Linux if it hadn't
> been for Windows!  At first, I thought he was being mean, you know,
> raising the price of every version.  But then I realized he was simply
> practicing that compassionate conservatism that is so rampant among us
> conservatives.  He knew that, ultimately, I would be much better off
> with GNU.  You know, the more I think about it, that Mr. Gates is a
> swell guy!

I think that Mac OS is a little more money-grubbing that Windows...
two or three releases since WinXP came out, each somewhere over $100
... not quite sure what the retail price.  Another thing that annoys
me, after paying for the OS Apple stills wants you to shell out more
$$$ for Quicktime Pro, and won't allow you to play movies full-screen
prior to that (you can instead get mplayer, videolan, or applescripts
wrapping around the underlying quicktime media layer)

David