[CS-FSLUG] Biggest M$ computer crash in government history!

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 09:50:00 CST 2004

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:57:02 -0500, Josiah Ritchie <jritchie at bible.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 01:40 -0500, Don Parris wrote:

> > > [snip]
> > >
> > > AOL CD ;-)
>
> Yeah, maybe it was an AOL disk. They are of similar value to me.
>
> > Got instructions for the CD clock?
>
> Yeah, simply get clock mechanism from a local craft shop. Paint the CD
> to taste. Allow to dry and mount clock mechanism as desired. Great for
> summer camps as well!
>
> JSR/

I just thought of a nice Christmas present for Mr. Gates.  Instead of
the Windows clock applet, it would be the WinCD clock-let.  And what
style!  I mean, really, it's not everyday that you can buy a clock
with the Windows Logo for only $300 - oh wait, that's _just_ $299.99 +
shipping and handling! :D

And just think, I bet Mr. Gates doesn't get many presents from his
"little" customers - I'm sure he'll find it meaningful.  I know he
gets lots of fan mail - ummm, that was _spam_ mail, wasn't it?
Anyway, I'm sure he'll be touched.  And wouldn't it be thoughtful if I
included a nice card?  You know, a card to thank him for getting me
started with GNU/Linux?

Well, it's true.  I might not have thought to try Linux if it hadn't
been for Windows!  At first, I thought he was being mean, you know,
raising the price of every version.  But then I realized he was simply
practicing that compassionate conservatism that is so rampant among us
conservatives.  He knew that, ultimately, I would be much better off
with GNU.  You know, the more I think about it, that Mr. Gates is a
swell guy!

I just wish I could afford to buy my whole family a WinCD Clocklet this year.

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/
gnumathetes at gmail.com