[CS-FSLUG] Not like the world

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 17:44:48 CST 2004

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:55:12 -0700, Warren Sanders
<warren at sandersonline.org> wrote:
> Alvin Smith wrote:

<SNIP>

> Thanks for your clear thoughts Alvin.  I am new to the list and after
> reading several exchanges, I knew this had to be dealt with at times.
> I'm sure it wouldn't be the last.  You most definitely are not out of
> line by your rebuke!  We are here to be accountable to one another.  If
> we didn't speak up to correct, then we too are aiding in this behavior.
>   I thank God for forgiving us for our past and even future sins.  This
> includes Mr. Gates.
>
> I am from Montana and am planning to start an Linux affinity group
> (Faithful LUG) next month (January 18th 2005).  I thought I would search
> the web for other Christian Linux groups and to my surprise there are so
> few.  I hope to learn much from the list.  I would love for others to
> pray for this group also.  First off that there will be others
> interested in attending.  Secondly that it will follow the Lords plan.
>
> Thank you and may God bless,
> --
> Warren Sanders
> Family Photo Galleries
> http://SandersOnline.org

Welcome aboard, Warren!  Glad to know of other believers interested in
using FOSS.  I'm honestly not aware of many Christian Linux/FOSS
groups.  Our ministry points out what I consider to be the key sites
on the web.  On our site (see my sig line), check out the Computing @
Church Page.  I refer to these sites as the Christian FOSS Network,
though they're not formally organized as such.  Even so, quite a few
members cross participate in each site's fora & lists.

The key sites (and there may be others I haven't learned of yet) are:
<> ChristianSource
<> Linux4Christians (e-mail list like ChristianSource)
<> The Freely Project (forums for individuals, helpdesk for churches &
ministries)
<> OS Ministry (more generalized forum, includes more Bible-related
topics as well)
<> CODN (where Christian developers can meet, discover other projects, etc.)
<> CrossWire Bible Society (with all of the Sword projects developing
Bible study software)
One might add ChristDot, but I don't think it's FOSS-oriented, just
Christian.  I could be wrong.

There are, of course, additional sites and projects.  These have
figured most prominently in my adventures, and seem to have the widest
participation.  Most of these will lead to the other sites.  I'm
considering revamping matheteuo.org next year to feature a news/web
portal for Christian FOSS.  That's about the only other element
missing.

I participate to some extent on most of these sites, and it would be
good to have you check them out.  Again, welcome!

DCP
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/