[CS-FSLUG] PD: REVIEW & OUTLOOK

listmail at rotundus.com listmail at rotundus.com
Wed Aug 18 00:33:52 CDT 2004

Quoting Fred Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com>:

>        Even more disturbing, Mr. Kerry is now talking openly about
> bringing U.S. troops home from Iraq. He offered the hint of such a plan
> during his Boston speech, but now he's putting a timetable on it, saying
> he'd begin the drawdown within six months of his inauguration. "I believe
> that within a year from now, we could significantly reduce American forces
> in Iraq, and that's my plan," he said this week. This followed his
> comments last week that "we're going to get our troops home where they
> belong."

Note that "could" in his statement... Kerry is a politician after all.

>        There's a deadly serious issue here. Mr. Kerry seems to be saying
> that he disagrees with the post-9/11 U.S. policy to go on the offensive
> against terrorists by taking the battle to them on their turf, far from

Battling terrorists on their own turf?  Why don't we have the USAF bomb Florida
for a while.  Where did at least some of the 9/11 terrorists get their flight
training?  What country decided to give green cards to them (even issuing one
post-9/11 IIRC)?

Dave