[OFB Cafe] SSDs

Jens Benecke jens at spamfreemail.de
Mon Nov 28 10:14:04 CST 2011

Am 28.11.2011 um 08:56 schrieb Timothy Butler:

> Well, pretty much everything I plan to have readily available must go on it, since this is a laptop. I'd like to avoid resorting to an external for as few tasks as possible. But, I do wonder... by the time I fill the 256gb, perhaps 1tb drives will be affordable!

There are kits online which allow you to exchange the internal Macbook DVD drive for a 2,5“ enclosure which would fit a second HDD.

Then you could have a 256G SSD for the system and maybe your home directory and the 750GB HDD for your Documents, Movies, Pictures folders.

My iPhoto library just about fits on the 256G SSD. I only had to remove the Movies folder, but that is no problem - at home, our 3TB NAS takes care of that; and on the road I only take a selection with me anyway.

--
Jens Benecke - jens at spamfreemail.de - www.jensbenecke.de
Keine Lust auf Müll in ihrem Postfach? www.spamfreemail.de