[OFB Cafe] SSDs

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Dec 12 19:48:16 CST 2011

Hey, everyone,
	Sorry, Jens, somehow I missed your really helpful post below. That's very interesting. I bit the bullet and bought a Crucial M4. So far, it is amazing how much faster it is (I think). I started up from a cold boot in 18 seconds this morning, for example. At one point during a file copy, it burst to over 1.2 GB/s, according to Activity Monitor.

	Next question: other than the fact that the system information tool lists TRIM as being supported (after I followed the patch mentioned online), is there a good way to tell if TRIM is actually working?

	Thanks,
		Tim