[OFB Cafe] The List

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sun Nov 14 20:50:00 CST 2010

On 11/13/2010 11:56 AM, wolfi wrote:
> Well, as far as I'm concerned, this list is the only remaining list from 'back
> then' when I was more active in Linux.
> German-language lists where never that useful, since they are dominated by
> unfriendly nerds who use to call anyone else a stupid newbie.
>
> Nowadays Linux is just working as it's supposed to be, no need to worry or
> discuss about anything. Worst case means I have to STFW for a minute or two
> and add some new package repository to get the desired result.
>
> My daughter is growing up with Linux (recently she complained: 'on grandma's
> computer not even copy-paste is working properly!' - off course she is used to
> paste using the middle mouse button ...)
>
> In February I got myself a new laptop - just put the current openSUSE DVD in
> it and this box is running like lightning.
>
> Outside of the computing world I managed to pay back the mortgage crap for our
> apartment, so now I no longer need to count my pennies that carefully and I
> can enjoy every single day in the short labor program (*) as an extra day off.
>
> So in my case: No news is good news ;-)

As an "ex" openSUSE user, I have to comment on Ubuntu 10.10. NEVER has
any other distro. I've used or know about does an upgrade from the prior
release
over the Net. as easily and as well!! It's the way ALL distros. should be!

Fred

--
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Thomas Jefferson