[OFB Cafe] The List

wolfi wolfi_z at web.de
Sat Nov 13 10:56:51 CST 2010

Well, as far as I'm concerned, this list is the only remaining list from 'back
then' when I was more active in Linux.
German-language lists where never that useful, since they are dominated by
unfriendly nerds who use to call anyone else a stupid newbie.

Nowadays Linux is just working as it's supposed to be, no need to worry or
discuss about anything. Worst case means I have to STFW for a minute or two
and add some new package repository to get the desired result.

My daughter is growing up with Linux (recently she complained: 'on grandma's
computer not even copy-paste is working properly!' - off course she is used to
paste using the middle mouse button ...)

In February I got myself a new laptop - just put the current openSUSE DVD in
it and this box is running like lightning.

Outside of the computing world I managed to pay back the mortgage crap for our
apartment, so now I no longer need to count my pennies that carefully and I
can enjoy every single day in the short labor program (*) as an extra day off.

So in my case: No news is good news ;-)
--
Kind Regards ... Wolfi
mailto:wolfi_z at web.de    | Phone   +49 179 5849539

 (*) this is a special German feature which means: You don't work that day and
social insurance will pay 2/3 of your daily wages (2/3 if you got kids, 60% if
you got no kids).
So you lose 1/3 of the money but you win 24 hrs of spare time :-)