[OFB Cafe] AJAX Development

Jens Benecke jens at spamfreemail.de
Thu Jun 24 00:41:50 CDT 2010

Am 24.06.2010 um 01:42 schrieb Timothy Butler:

> Hi everyone,
> Anyway... Suggestions of your favorite JavaScript framework? Functionality is the biggest priority, but if I can make things look nice that's a huge bonus.

Hi,

I settled on Prototype.js and for effects, if needed, Scriptaculous.

It might not be the absolute best for everything, but it’s fairly consistent, and I like the separation between functionality and DOM completeness (Prototype) and „spiffy FX“ (Scriptaculous).

I hear jQuery is similar (with jQuery.UI) but I haven’t played with it too much yet.

Mostly people say, if you need complex client-side DOM programming, use Prototype; if you use your JS lib only for some AJAX and Effects, use jQuery.

Regards, Jens
(moving in August!)

--
Jens Benecke - jens at spamfreemail.de - www.jensbenecke.de