[OFB Cafe] AJAX Development

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Jun 23 18:42:44 CDT 2010

Hi everyone,
	I'm wanting to spiff up a little CMS I wrote years ago and use for web development projects with nifty gee-whiz AJAX interactivity. I've looked at SproutCore, though it looks like its TableView for sortable datasets is still rather buggy. In the past few months, I've played with Yahoo's YUI, but it creates interfaces that aren't nearly as polished feeling, it seems to me. I'd love to have smooth transition animations, etc.

	Anyone play with Cappuccino? It's alleged similarity to Objective-C and Cocoa intrigues me, since I've been wanting to get acquainted with Cocoa for awhile.

	Anyway... Suggestions of your favorite JavaScript framework? Functionality is the biggest priority, but if I can make things look nice that's a huge bonus.

	I've pretty much ruled out Google's GWT because I have no desire to learn Java and unless I'm missing something, there isn't anyway to write JavaScript code directly with it as opposed to creating a Java codebase that is translated into JavaScript.

	Suggestions?