[OFB Cafe] My Droid Preview

Fred Smith fps at dividedsky.net
Mon Nov 2 14:20:41 CST 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 3:23 AM, Jens Benecke <jens at spamfreemail.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Unfortunately, the Droid isn’t and won’t be available in Europe.

Jens,

Motorola will be selling the "Droid" in Italy and Germany as the
Motorola Milestone:

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/DE-DE/Consumer-Products-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/Motorola-Milestone-DE

It looks like it'll be available within a few weeks. Europeans also
have the option currently of the HTC Hero, which is pretty much
exactly the same as the Droid/Milestone, except for the lack of camera
flash.

I find the sync on my HTC magic to be better than what I had with my
iPhone, since android will do OTA sync without MobileMe or MS exchange
and the iPhone won't. Both iCal and Contacts on MacOS sync to google
without any additional software, and the google to android sync is top
notch. The voice quality on the HTC phones is universally considered
to be magnitudes better than the iPhone.

-Fred

--
Fred Smith <fred.smith at gmail.com>