[OFB Cafe] Jens (was: PNG Transparency and Making It Work with IE7/8)

Jens Benecke jens at spamfreemail.de
Thu Jul 16 00:41:21 CDT 2009

Am 03.07.2009 um 22:01 schrieb Timothy Butler:

> On Jun 29, 2009, at 12:14 AM, Jens Benecke wrote:
>
>> Basically, since I temporarily left the list, I finished my PhD
>> degree*, moved to South Germany (west of the Black Forest) to start
>> a new job at Bosch (which I really enjoy), and we'll be married on
>> August 1st. :-)
>> * though I have yet to defend my thesis ... problably in autumn
>> this year.
>
> Well, congratulations on all accounts! Marriage, finishing a PhD...
> wow. You've been busy. I'm excited for you! :-)
> What's your PhD thesis on?

Hi Tim & all,

sorry to reply so late ... we're rather busy, the Big Day is coming up
soon (July 31st / August 1st). :-)

Maybe you remember that I finished university as an electrical
engineer (Diplom-Ingieneur) and went on to pursue my PhD in the field
of Electromagnetic Compatibility.
My field of study were mainly electric motors and their high frequency
emissions, and how to avoid them. I created a software model which is
able to reproduce the distribution of these emissions inside the motor.
Unlike current approaches which use 3D modeling, my model uses an
electrical network and can thus compute results in seconds instead of
days.

You can find some of my publications on Google Scholar:
	http://scholar.google.de/scholar?q=jens+benecke

However, there are three guys called "Jens Benecke" who live (or
lived) in Hamburg - I'm the engineer, neither the MBA nor the
firefighter. :-)

--
Jens Benecke - jens at spamfreemail.de - www.jensbenecke.de
Keine Lust auf Müll in ihrem Postfach? www.spamfreemail.de